The National Honor Society in Psychology
Psi Chi is the National Honor Society in Psychology, founded in 1929 for the purposes of encouraging, stimulating, and maintaining excellence in scholarship, and advancing the science of psychology. Membership is open to graduate and undergraduate men and women who are making the study of psychology one of their major interests, and who meet the minimum qualifications. Psi Chi is a member of the Association of College Honor Societies and is an affiliate of the American Psychological Association (APA) and the American Psychological Society (APS).
The Oklahoma State University Chapter of Psi Chi was created on November 10, 1948. Our chapter is one of over 1000 Chapters in the United States and Canada. The total number of memberships registered at the National Psi Chi Office is now over 500,000 lifetime members. Many of these members have gone on to distinguished careers in psychology.
The criteria for membership for the Spring 2013 semester are:
• Must currently be enrolled as a student at OSU
• Must have established a GPA at OSU
• Must be at least a second-semester sophomore (min 45 credit hours earned)
• Must be enrolled as a major or minor in a psychology program or a program psychological in nature that is equivalent to a psychology major
• Must have completed at least 9 semester hours or 14 quarter hours of psychology courses
• Must have an overall GPA that is in the top 35% of their class based on rankings within sophomore, within junior, and within senior.
• Must have a psychology GPA that is at least 3.00 on a 4-point scale/ with only grades of A and B in psyc courses.
• This semester's retention GPA cut off are:
• sophomore 3.20,
• junior 3.44
• senior 3.39
If you meet "ALL" the above criteria and wish to apply for membership you must complete the membership form and registration card. A one-time lifetime membership fee of $65 is required. You may submit your application and fee to Mr. Kevin Seymore or Mrs. Silvia Daggy in 102 N. Murray. Deadline to apply is March 1, 2013 before noon.
You can also visit the Psi Chi web site: http://www.psichi.org